2018-19 Season Audition Application
Auditions for the 2018-19 season of the New Jersey Youth Chorus will be held on Saturday May 12th, 2018 and Saturday June 2, 2018 at Chatham United Methodist Church. We also have Monday auditions available for specific choirs.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please read the instructions below, then complete the application - it includes the specific audition time slots for each choir.
- If you have not done so already, please visit the about us page and our choirs page to learn more about NJYC and our ensembles.
- Visit our audition requirements page to learn more about the process.
- Complete the application below. It should take less than 10 minutes. Plan on completing it in one sitting, as your progress will not be saved if you leave this page.
- Use the PayPal button in the sidebar to submit your $25 audition fee, prior to submitting your application - ou will need to provide the confirmation number provided by PayPal in order to complete it.
- Look for an email containing a specific audition time. If you have not received it within 3 business days of submitting your application and payment, please email [email protected].
- Confirm your audition appointment via email.
- Prepare for the audition: Visit our audition requirements page for ensemble-specific requirements. Music and recordings for many of the required pieces can be found here.
- Find a current picture to bring to the audition, such as a wallet-sized school photo, to be kept by NJYC. This picture, as well as any video/audio recordings taken during the audition, will help the directors as they make membership decisions at the conclusion of auditions.
- Arrive for the audition 15 minutes prior to the assigned time for check-in. The chorister should be well rested and warmed up on arrival. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Look for audition results to arrive via email in early July. Be sure to add [email protected] to your email address book, to avoid our emails being considered Spam.