Camerata ("friend, comrade" - Kah-mah-rah-tah) promotes collegiality and fosters collaboration among young men through song. The ensemble, for young men in grades 7-12 with changing and changed voices, rehearses Mondays from 6:15-8:15pm at the Chatham United Methodist Church.
The Camerata members are dedicated to learning significant amounts of vocal technique, aural skills, sight-singing skills, and ensemble skills in a comfortable, united atmosphere. Rehearsals are a combination of full ensemble and sectional work in order to best teach each singer while maintaining our very high standards.
They perform in several concerts throughout the year at venues that have included Carnegie Hall, the Prudential Center, Temple University, Mayo Performing Arts Center, the IZOD Center and various other churches and concert halls.
Recent Highlights include:
- Performance of Home Alone with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra
- The National Anthem at a NY Jets game
- Performance at a NJ Red Bulls game
- Joint Concert with the West Point Cadets
- Participation in the ManChoir Festival at Temple University
- Tour to New Orleans, Prague, Czech Republic and Germany
- Performance at Goryeb Children’s Hospital