2018-19 Makeup Audition Application
Auditions for the 2018-19 season of the New Jersey Youth Chorus have concluded for the spring. We will be holding makeup auditions in late August or early September.
If you are interested in scheduling a makeup audition, please follow the instructions below:
- If you have not done so already, please visit the about us page and our choirs page to learn more about NJYC and our ensembles.
- Visit our audition requirements page to learn more about the process.
- Complete the application below. It should take less than 10 minutes. Plan on completing it in one sitting, as your progress will not be saved if you leave this page.
- Use the PayPal button in the sidebar to submit your $25 audition fee, prior to submitting your application - you will need to provide the confirmation number provided by PayPal in order to complete it.
- Look for an email in mid August regarding scheduling an audition appointment. If you have not received it by August 24, please email [email protected].
- Confirm your audition appointment via email.
- Prepare for the audition: Visit our audition requirements page for ensemble-specific requirements. Music and recordings for many of the required pieces can be found here.
- Find a current picture to bring to the audition, such as a wallet-sized school photo, to be kept by NJYC. This picture, as well as any video/audio recordings taken during the audition, will help the directors as they make membership decisions.
- Arrive for the audition 15 minutes prior to the assigned time for check-in. The chorister should be well rested and warmed up on arrival. Children must be accompanied by an adult, and will be auditioned in groups of 2-8.
- Look for audition results to arrive via email. Be sure to add [email protected] to your email address book, to avoid our emails being considered Spam.