2017-18 Season Audition Application
Auditions for the 20167-18 season of the New Jersey Youth Chorus will be held on Saturday May 6th, 2017 and Saturday June 3, 2017 at Chatham United Methodist Church. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please review the information below, then complete the application.
- If you have not done so already, please visit the about us page and our choirs page to learn more about NJYC and our ensembles.
- Visit our audition requirements page to learn more about the process.
- Complete the application below. It should take less than 10 minutes. Plan on completing in one sitting, as your progress will not be saved if you leave this page.
- Use the paypal button in the sidebar to submit your $25 audition fee. Don’t worry, it will open in a new window so you won’t lose your progress. You will need to provide the confirmation number provided by Paypal in order to complete the application. No paypal account? No problem; you can pay with a debit or credit card as a guest.
- Once we receive your completed application and payment, we will email you with a specific appointment time within several business days.
- Receive your audition appointment & location details via email.
- Prepare for the audition: Visit our audition pages for ensemble-specific audition requirements. Music and recordings for many of the required pieces can be found here.
- Arrive for the audition 15 minutes prior to your assigned time for check-in. Be sure to be well rested and warmed up when you arrive. Please bring a current picture of your child to the audition, such as a wallet-sized school photo, to be kept by NJYC. This picture, as well as any video/audio recordings taken during the audition, are needed to help our directors as they make membership decisions at the conclusion of auditions.
- Children will audition in small groups, ranging from 2-8 choristers.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at their auditions.
- Several weeks after auditions, you will receive your audition results via email. Be sure to add [email protected] to your email address book, as to avoid our emails being filtered/labeled as Spam.
Further questions? Email us at [email protected].